TOPIC: DEDICATION AND GIVING TO GOD
LESSON OBJECTIVE: Examining the connection between dedication to God and giving to God
Memory Verse: Luke 6:38 ‘Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
All through scriptures we see a very strong connection between dedication to God and giving to God. Dedication to God establishes generosity towards God; dedicated people are effortless and sacrificial givers.
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF THE CONNECTION BETWEEN DEDICATION AND GIVING TO GOD:
- Abraham (Gen. 22:10-12) 2. David (Psalms. 132:1-5; 1 Chronicles. 29:3) 3. Solomon (1 Kings 3:3-4)When people are dedicated to God, you don’t force, cajole or beg them to give to God.
WHY DOES DEDICATION LEAD TO GIVING?
- Dedication is Donation (2 Corinthians. 8:1-5; Prov. 23:26): When your life is dedicated to God it means that your life has been donated to God. When a man has given himself to God, there is nothing that is too big for him to give to God. Dedicated people say to God ‘Lord, anything that I cannot give to you, don’t give it to me.’
- Dedication is affection (Psalms. 42:1-2; 1 Chronicles.29:3-5; 1 Kings 3:3-4; Matt. 6:21): Dedicated people are lovers of God, and lovers are givers. Your treasure travels in the direction of your affection; your hand gives where your heart is. (Matt. 6:21).
KINDS OF GIVING.
- Trade-driven giving 2. Religion-driven giving 3. Ego-driven giving 4. Dedication-driven giving (Heb. 11:6; Isa. 48:17): Dedication-driven giving is the kind of giving that is driven by affection. God is too faithful to allow you to seek Him in vain; God is not a user of people, He is a Raiser of people (Heb. 11:6; Isa. 48:17)
THE IMPACT OF DEDICATION-DRIVEN GIVING.
- The Provocation of Divine Visitation (1 Kings 3:4-5; 1 Sam. 3:21):. In your life, family, business, career and academic pursuits, When God appears, your frustrations must disappear. The appearance of God is what leads to excellence in life.
- Connection to Divine Generosity (1 Kings 3:5): Your dedication-driven giving connects you to resources beyond the scope of human experience. Everything you do with God, do it with a passion and affection, and you will see how God will link you to Divine resources.
- The Realization of Non-financial Benefits (1 Kings 3:5-12): God will take you to a realm that money cannot buy, The exceeding of life’s expectations (Ephesians. 3:20). Where you are now is a shadow compared to where God wants to take you to. Face God with passion, affection, dedication and devotion.
Luke 6:38 ‘Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same mete withal it shall be measured to you again.